FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booked F, got Y on one leg
View Single Post
Old Aug 10, 2019, 2:01 pm
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Booked F, got Y on one leg

So I did something I never do, I booked a ticket on Priceline. For the simple reason that it was $400 cheaper than booking on UA.

I found a fare (Canada-US) on UA for $530, coach on the first short leg (L) and F (P, on the 777 and lie flats) for the second 5.5 hour leg. Bargain, since coach alone was only $150 less. Delayed a bit too long and when I went to book on UA, it was $900. Searched on ITA, found it for $496 but could only book on Priceline. Not my first choice but I knew I could cancel within 24 hrs and the trip is in 10 days so worth the risk.

I book, taking screenshots all along the way. To my surprise, it shows F on both legs. Again, I have screenshots all the way through to confirmation. I pull it up on UA and, you guessed it, coach on the first leg.

Call Priceline, they can see my booking screens, can see it was an F fare and I should be in F and can’t figure out why I am in coach on the first segment. But (this is the good part), they say even if you pay for J or F, it is up to them if they want to put you in Y after purchase if they want to. Seriously, that was what he said.

Of course I escalated, said I had screenshots and even they agree it should be in F. Gave them the fraud speech and how I paid for F and they gave me Y. No mention anywhere at any point of mixed cabin; showed F all the way. It is now escalated to the highest level and they are to call me back Monday. I have until 11:59pm Monday to cancel if necessary but not even worried about that as I can do a charge back if I need to as I did not get what I paid for.

So, any advice? I am going to fight this kicking and screaming as I have everything to back up that I booked F, but wonder if anyone has any ideas on what to say or the best way to get them to put me in F as I suspect they will have to buy it from UA.

Last edited by Finkface; Aug 10, 2019 at 2:06 pm