FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying BA’s Airbus A350: deliveries, routes, reviews and more
Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:50 am
weebo15

Programs: BAEC Gold / Oneworld Emerald
Good morning all, I think I've chosen the right place to share my experiences from my two flights on Wednesday & Thursday.

I was sat in 11K on Wednesday evenings 464 to Madrid, and 2K on Thursday mornings 457 flight back to London.
  • The A350 is a fabulous aircraft. It has a real premium feel about it, huge overhead bins and it is oh so silent.
  • The club suite is a huge improvement over what went before. The feeling extra space is much appreciated, although you'll still need the overhead bins for some things. The pillows cannot be stored on the footrest for takeoff and landing, and the bottle holder space cannot be used then either. I struggled to find somewhere to put my Bose QC35s, and stash the BA offered headphones in the seat area. However obviously this is still a huge improvement from before.
  • The table design is excellent, in fact I found it the most useful table to eat off I think of all my recent flights, AA77W, AA A330, QR 787, QR 350 (Q Suite & non Q suite), thankgs to its sloping rail allowing for a varied height adjustment.
  • I expected to feel further away from the windows than I did. It was very easy to look out of them without leaning forward (which is difficult to do while wearing the shoulder harness).
  • I really liked the grey carpet like finishes of the inside of the suite, it's a very simple finish but looks excellent.
  • I found a really comfortable sitting position which would be great on a longer flight, the seat is very comfortable and the adjustable leg rest is appreciated as I couldn't reach the footrest when seated.
  • In bed mode, the fixed armrest did make the seat feel narrow at the shoulders, with both shoulders making contact with the sides of the seat.
  • The plastics in the footwell look very flimsy, and I fear they may get broken very quickly.
  • As mentioned in iTripReports video, the door seems superfluous. The seat on its own is very private and the door doesn't seem to add a lot more. On the outbound flight 10Ks door refused to lock shut and varying members crew spend a good 5 minutes trying to secure it. I understand if it cant be secured the seat cannot be used, so hopefully that doesn't occur too frequently in future.
  • It's a shame that the electronic window blinds were not specified, as that would help add to the premium feel that BA have going in this cabin.
  • 11K has a reduced overhead bin, as most of it is dedicated to emergency equipment.
The crew were excellent on both flights, clearly enjoying the product they now have available to deliver.