FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priority Pass - Access Denied (lounge full)
Old Aug 9, 2019, 10:34 pm
dhuey
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by LegalTender
It's still unclear to me how the restaurant interacts with PP. Places are pulling out altogether, while others just deny Amex-issued cards. A few are lunch only, not breakfast. Hard to believe PP codes in the expiration date of participation on all those instances in real time across all avenues of membership. As the British say, it's a total pig's breakfast.
For reasons I do not understand, this whole thing fascinates me. I think I've used this benefit two times. It's not at all important to me, personally.

Still, it's this really interesting psychology/microeconomics/business experiment. You have this card that gives you $x in free food/drinks at an airport bar/restaurant. The credit does not include tips for the wait staff or bartenders. Some FTers have reported charging $0.01 on their credit card and putting in a decent tip. I'm guessing that there are airport workers who have really gone to town on this benefit, and in a way that they could not comfortably do with the airport lounges.

And now we have the Amex vs. Chase aspect. So far, at least, it looks like Chase is willing to put up with the abusers so as to offer a Priority Pass benefit that is better than what Amex offers.