FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK operations from "Istanbul Airport" aka Istanbul New Airport (ISL/IST)
Old Aug 9, 2019, 6:05 am
PerStockholm

Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
I had to pleasure once of a 50 minute taxi time - which came on top of what was already an hour or so delay. Not cool on an already tight connection having to run at the airport (which is also seriously hot - even the gate agents are all sweating it out, let alone how you look like yourself when having to run to the furthest gate possible).

I didn't think an airport could be worse than AMS and its infamous Polderbaan, but IST does really try hard. Other than the taxi times and the sweaty indoor temperatures I don't actually have much complaints of IST as an airport and general operations. It's a pleasant place in general!
Oh no, is the AC really that bad? Much worse than Ataturk (which was pretty bad)? When I went through in late May, it was okay but I remember thinking that IST looked like a tough place to cool down and not seeing too many vents... What a shame for such a beautiful and impressive building. There really is no excuse for poor cooling in 2019.

My taxi times have so far been okay (20 minutes or so). Hopefully that 3rd runway will be completed on schedule.