FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Economy basic OLCI seat selection strategy?
Old Aug 9, 2019, 5:35 am
DoB840

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
I am not sure what the policy would be there. I doubt FCO has machines and I suspect the check in staff there may not let you check in at a desk the day before the flight.

JFK may have machines, not sure, not many outstations do any more. They may be more willing to check you in the day before. @corporate_wage_slave may be able to comment better
Oh, I naively assumed that all major airports with a BA presence must have BA check-in machines.

Is there a complete list of check-in machines anywhere? I can't find one on ba.com. I'd rather not make a special trip to the airport in vain.

If I can't select a decent seat before my flight, will I still be able to use the check-in kiosk to change my seat while connecting at LHR, or is it too late by then? On my return trip (FCO-LHR-JFK), I do plan to leave the airport, so I'd have physical access to the machines on my way out, but I don't know if they'd work after I've already flown one of two segments.

If there are no machines at JFK or FCO, am I better off waiting until I arrive at the airport for my flight to check-in without having even attempted OLCI, or should I go through OLCI without generating a boarding pass? I'd very much prefer a window seat on the TATL segments - don't care as much about the short-haul segments (but ideally a window would be nice there, too).