FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying Spirit tickets at the airport (changes)
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:30 pm
jebr

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Awesome. Even if it was cancelled within the 24 hour window, a ticket was issued so the fare calculation would be stored still. And, I assume you submitted the breakdown online where it didn't add in the Regulatory Compliance Charge and Fuel Charge.

That would be enough. I had a case like this from a flight I flew last year but I forgot to file. I am so glad you did. Please keep us posted.
Unfortunately the breakdown wasn't perfect, and it only had the "$17.23" charge in the email for my ticket (booked at the airport.) I may be able to find the receipt still which shows it differently, but I did grab the online price and included both (including the PNR for the cancelled reservation.) There may be enough for Spirit to deny any wrongdoing, but there's at least some information there for someone to track down or get a record started, anyways.

I may still book another flight that's a penny online in the future and see what happens. Worst case scenario it doesn't happen next time at the airport. I'm there frequently enough that it's not much hassle to buy a ticket.