FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DFW-TLV / Tel Aviv, Israel 3x weekly starting 9/9/2020
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:11 am
N830MH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Houminer
Didn't AA claim that the TLV route in not profitable?
Yes, they did. They tried and it didn't workout so well. Not enough profitable. They losing the money and they pulled out of PHL-TLV completely.

Originally Posted by mshachar
There was also the issue of ex TWA workers and monies owed them as well as fear of a plane being impounded by the Israeli tax authorities... I don't think the route wasn't profitable.
Yes, TWA workers had it right to pay it back. They cannot be seized the plane when they landed in TLV.

Originally Posted by econometrics
UA started their SFO-TLV with 3x weekly on 789s. Now it's daily with the 77W.
Yes, they has done extremely very well. Lots of competitive. I won't expect to add 2nd daily SFO-TLV in the near future.

Originally Posted by econometrics
I think it's a good way for AA to test the waters. I expect it to be daily by May 2021, personally. (Keeping the 789)
Yes, as long if this route has done very well. Let see what happens. It will became daily in a few years. Depends if they have enough profitable.

Originally Posted by MAH4546
I imagine a world where, in success, they could do daily but operate the other frequencies from elsewhere, like Miami. Maybe a split of 4w DFW/3w MIA.
No, they won't. Let them keep that way.