FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back-to-back (B2B) / Immediate Turnarounds at BA Destinations
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:11 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by travelsbyplane
My understanding about AUH is that it is like some european airports, where you disembark straight into departures. Does anyone know if this is still the case? This would surely make it absolutely fool proof! Also another one I was thinking about is DME because of the tier point earning vs cost. Has anyone tried doing this recently using the method of buying a flexible onward ticket to a third country, and then cancelling at the last minute in order to get around the VISA issue?
No, I don't think it's straight into departures, there is flight connection route on the left, but I think there is a security checkpoint there. But it's near enough fool proof. Doha can be straight into departures, depending the gate used, it's semi random, but if not it's still fairly swift and painless to go through connections.