FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please help! I had flight to GCM and now AA doesn’t fly there on tues
Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:21 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by AngieB
I contacted Wyndham, they told me I cannot modify the reservation. They said if I cancel, I need to pay 100% of the cost. There’s 11 of us going total (5 were booked on flights flying out of Chicago). So I got 2-2 bedroom suites at the resort. So I could be out over $5,000. I plan on calling the resort directly tomorrow (they are no longer open so I couldn’t talk to them directly).
For something like this, you need to call the property and not the chain. Also, make sure you're talking with someone with the authority to make such changes; a front desk clerk is likely to say no automatically, just like the chain did.

BTW, you might try making a dummy booking for what would be the new dates (Wednesday travel, but try Monday also) for the room types you have and those that would work for you. For all you know now, the new flight dates could lead to cheaper hotel prices, which would make it easier to convince some supervisor/manager to authorize the changes you need.