FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska cancelled flight, won’t rebook companion fare on partner airline
Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:34 pm
Melissa Melendez

Programs: Alaska
Alaska cancelled flight, won’t rebook companion fare on partner airline

Newbie here in need of advice. Two months ago I booked tickets to Cabo for my family of four using one companion fare. Happened to be checking my account to see that Alaska canceled the flight and rebooked me to a flight that is not possible (2nd leg departs before 1st leg arrives). I called them to correct their mistake. They have a nearly identical flight available from a partner airline on their website that I requested instead. They said because I had a companion fare they could not use a partner airline and I would not be able to fly out that day. My options were for a refund or to fly on a different day. All of our travel arrangements have been made and paid for so travel on a different day is not possible. The new flights are now over $1000 so not an option either. I am now waiting for a call back within the next 48 hours from a supervisor’s supervisor 🙄. I am exhausted and irritated that they don’t feel they need to find me a comparable flight despite me using a companion fare . Any advice in talking to AA?