FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Word of Warning - Amex Travel Insurance LGW Disruption 20.12.18
Old Aug 7, 2019, 8:04 am
alvinlwh

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by aceman

agree. I flew back to the UK and next day on to JER, my luggage didn’t make it, called about delayed/lost luggage stuff and was told to buy up to x limit and keep the receipts. Fast worward to submitting them and they telll me that there’s no way they could pay out because I went home in between. Never mind the fact that I don’t actually have many clothes and my only suit, only pair of black shoes and only toiletaries etc were in my bag, even better they suddenly had “no record of the conversation” with the agent I’d spoken to.
In my experience, no one ever paid up for a "return to base/home/starting point" trip. You are right, their argument was you are home and therefore will have everything you need. As a lesson to you, in the future, when you make any phone calls, make sure you note the date, time and name of the person you spoke to. This, together with your prove of your phone call (bills, etc) can force a SAR on them to get a record of the conversation.

To side track a bit, I once flew BA to SIN, return from LSI. My check in piece got delayed for 3 days and BA tried to avoid paying out because I am a Singapore citizen and therefore I am "returning home". I proved that this is not the case by presenting my Singapore ID card, which actually has a UK address printed on it. Only then did they pay me £35 a day as I am "not home".