FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX temporary Lounge at ICN - Airlines Association Lounge
Old Aug 7, 2019, 3:37 am
littlevoices

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
I can additionally confirm that Emeralds get sent to the Asiana Business Class West lounge. However it is a substantial improvement on the old temporary lounge:
  • Right by security (above gate 42), and therefore close to the Cathay gate (46)
  • Newly refurbished - Power sockets, a variety of seating types, different areas, view of the airport and so on. Like a normal lounge and perfectly pleasant
  • Food and drink choices are reasonable, though a slightly odd set-up that the alcoholic drinks area is "far" away from the food (25 meters or so)
  • A choice of wines and beers on offer, as well as instant noodles. Food choice on my day was a pasta/cold food area, then hot food (spicy chicken, pork, pasta, soup, congee) - only problem would be if you're vegetarian as they seemed to be putting meat in/on most things
Not such a bad place to spend a couple of hours, in comparison to the old lounge that was a pit I wouldn't want to spend time in at all.