FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada pulling out of YYC-Puerto Vallarta?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 4:56 pm
ETStar

Programs: Aeroplan, Shebamiles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by MapleFlyer
I have a flight in late December booked on that route.

It hasn't been cancelled but it seems they have stopped selling seats - likely because it's scheduled to be operated by a 737 Max aircraft.

Right now, I have asked my agent to look at options as I am betting that Max takes longer than this to come back into service.

If the Max comes back into service quickly, this may mean some seat sales! If it doesn't, expect a very tight market over the holidays.
I recall reading somewhere that Boeing would have to deal with the return to service of each aircraft as though it is a delivery, so I expect it to take long and not added back in as soon as the aircraft are cleared to fly again.

I have also noticed that in December AC is set to fly to PVR from YYC 3x per week, which I think is new. Otherwise, WS remains king on this route and in PVR from Canada for that matter, with up to 4x daily service from YYC, and even Kelowna, Comox, Victoria, Regina, Saskatoon, Edmonton getting flights to that Mexican destination.