FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz (Avia) Savannah REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 6, 2019, 1:25 pm
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The hotel has valet parking at the door and there's a big parking garage across the street. That's what I remember.

There's also a cheap but infrequent daytime public airport bus that stops almost at the door. Within the historic area, there are a couple free tourist bus routes. IME they weren't frequent enough to be useful beyond jumping on if one sees the bus in order to save a bit of walking, although I recall looking at schedules for a trip down to the park and market (with a cool historic hotel and art gallery that seems like a good place for a drink or lunch).

No lounge, in fact I can't think of an Andaz that does have a lounge. There's a little self serve "kitchen" tucked into a corner of the lobby that offers free self service coffee, bottled water, etc. I was offered a glass of wine upon arrival; I'm not sure whether that was due to my Glob status but it looked to me like everyone was given this. I've had free nonalcoholic minibars in some Andaz properties, but again this might be a Glob benefit or it might be for everyone.
Thanks. Yeah, I don't think Andaz properties have "lounges." I was looking at the hotel's amenities on the Hyatt website before I booked, and I think everyone gets a free welcome drink and non-alcoholic drinks and snacks in the room. That seems to be the Andaz brand's calling card. I did get a nice free suite upgrade earlier this year at the Andaz Maui (after they first tried to upsell it to me!), so maybe the same thing will happen in Savannah. Otherwise, there aren't any real published perks that I can get as a mere Explorist. Of course, that's somewhat of the appeal of the hotel for me to use my free room nights: I won't be missing out on any perks!