FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The QR STPC (stopover) policy?
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2019, 3:21 am
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by meelosh
You should go for +Qatar (or Discover Qatar, as they call it now), instead of STPC. The 20-hour connection, unlike the shorter one, is above the minimum transit time needed to book the offer. Find details here, but in short, for $28 you get a 24-hour stay in a 5-star hotel in Doha (double check if a specific hotel offers 24-hour stay, or a more traditional approach where you have to leave your room around midday) and you get to pick which one among a few great ones. With business class tickets, immigration and check in will be a breeze. Also, depending on the arrival time, I would suggest the arrival lounge as well.

Sure, I'm intimately familiar with +Qatar: and I had considered it.

But one problem in implementing the programme here is the nuptial pair are having a +Qatar break on the way back - and as you'll be aware, it's an "either out or back" programme. I know that for two travelling together there are ways round this, but altogether the extra stop would increase the cost, the administrative burden, and it starts getting messy. It's not my trip, and not my money: i want to avoid mess, burden and breaching the budget i've been set.

At the end of the day, they'll be looked after on a 9-hour connection: I just thought it would be nicer for them if that were extended to a 20-hour stay.