FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any way for AA to waive my award flights LAX MCT? I can make it!
Old Aug 5, 2019, 3:49 pm
WiscAZ

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
You would not lose the misconnect protection but it would cost an add'l 25k miles IF you could find sAAver space on the LAX-DCA nonstop in F, which is unlikely.

Honestly a lot of these suggestions about spending more for a separate ticket or trying to get AA to reroute you half way around the world in the opposite direction are just silly IMO. This is a simple issue, just pick one of the many easy/normal/almost-as-quick LA to DC routings through ORD or DFW etc., call AA and be done with it.
I don't think suggesting OP books a direct flight with miles from LAX to DCA is silly. OP came here looking for options and we are giving him some. Up to him to determine if the options are realistic. We have no way of knowing whether 25k miles is a lot to OP or next to nothing. If OP is sitting on say 1M miles then 25k for a direct flight to not have to mess with connecting and save himself a few hours may be more realistic than you think. That being said, I have plenty of miles and wouldn't personally do it but doesn't mean others wouldn't.

Edit: That being said, I did a quick look and there are only a few days where an F ticket direct to DCA is available in mid September for 25K. All of those flights are on Alaska leaving at 12:45 so that option probably won't work. OP would be looking at 55K to get in F on the specific flight he wants.

Last edited by WiscAZ; Aug 5, 2019 at 3:54 pm