FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching)
Old Aug 5, 2019, 2:10 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
Applying for cards every 33 days, with first statements that post sometimes after 6 weeks, sometimes after 6 days. Meeting min spnd sometimes a couple of weeks, sometimes after a couple of months. When the bonus posts to your AA account, it doesn't tell you what card its from, just says "bonus". And I haven't been tracking it card by card anyway, since the basic wisdom is that if Citi gives you a card, and the welcome letter says XXX miles after XXX spend, you will get those miles. So I just assumed the miles would post as they should. My bad, of course....

Too busy packing right now to be pulling out Citi statements,and past mailers, and trying to compare them to my and DWs AA accounts. But I did take the time to pull out the last few mailers to see if they had 50K + 10K hidden in the T/C, and no they don't. Anyway, I wasn't looking for anyone to solve this for me, just to give a heads up to any who naively like me wasn't checking to see that the right bonuses posted as they should. Mostly a 'public service announcement'.....
When your statement is issued and you earn the bonus on that statement - what is shown 2 days later in your AA account IS from that statement. There is really no need for AA to show which card earns it, assuming you meet the minimum spend in a logical sequential manner, regardless how many cards you have gone through.

If the amount shown on AA does not match what you expect, then the first thing would be to see What the Citi Statement shows - whether these 2 figures agree with each other or not. If the 2 figures match with each other - then the reason why you are getting 50K and not 60 or 65K, trace back to exactly WHAT offer you applied.

Nobody has had similar issues about AA showing different bonus earned than the offers they applied for. Many of them have done this for almost 2 years. Yours is the Only DP so far. Do not rule out there might be other cases but I would chalk it up as more like user confusion than anything else.