FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beware bogus charges from Hertz TLV (Kesher Rent a Car)
Old Aug 5, 2019, 10:56 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ditto
I give back the car, confirm that there are no additional charges with the "checker" and just go to the terminal, the receipt/invoice/checkin form follow by e-mail shortly thereafter, I don't spend time going to the office or anywhere else as I don't like to arrive to the airport too early.
In the single case there was an overcharge, a single call to Kesher CS solved it immediately, so really I don't think they are involved in any fraud, most likely either a misunderstanding on OPs side or an honest mistake on Hertz side
I agree with you, I personally want a printed receipt. usually I do as you do but when picking up the car, and before I sign off on everything I ask ' can you please tell me the net net amount I will pay" if it doesnt match what it s/b I have them take care of it them and there, unless Im in a rush and will do so when I return it. Across many different companys over the yers Ive had them tell me a higher amount, I usually rent via an agent in Israel who gets special rates and not all the time is that inputted. Its not a case of them trying to pull a fast one at all, just if the code isnt inputted it defaults to a higher rate basis

Ive even had it where they realized it was wrong as she saw the kippor on my head, she said you wont be driving on Shabbat or Hag are you I said nope , she said she has to redo the contract since those days Im only suppose to pay the ins and they are charging me as if Im not shomer shabbos

Out of the 100s of rentals Ive had with Hertz,Avis and Budget I never ran into what I thought was outright Fraud. Cant say the same about Eldan or Europa Car. My last rental with EC when I returned the brand new car the guy inside saw no notes for any damages and called the guy in and said what you found nothing wrong