FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beware bogus charges from Hertz TLV (Kesher Rent a Car)
Old Aug 5, 2019, 8:53 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ditto
That indeed could be an option, but given the state of cars I'm usually given in Israel, I suspect in case of damage they just charge a flat fee as they don't seem to actually fix the cars.

Ive never not been given a receipt when I returned my car, thats including Hertz. The only time I wasnt given one is if there was any damage to the car which meant they didnt close out the contract, till they determine what if any costs will be charged

I get the receipt in the office and not via the checker, the checker has no way to show it but can confirm the amount being charged, if its more then what it should be then go straight into the office pull out your copy of the reservation and an adjustment is made then and there to match what my confirmation is showing, at times they have to call up and make sure what Im showing them isnt photo shopped etc. Of cause its not a fast process and if a person is running late all bets are off, in that case Plan B goes into place = contact the TA the res was made with and they will go to battle to get it changed unless it was due to damages, tkts or tolls

For all we know the OP is underage and got hit with that fee or booked with a website that didnt include the mandatory 3rd party liability.

The rental companys play a ton of games (not only in Israel) but outright Fraud usually isnt 1 of them. (Unless charging for the same damage over and over again is counted unless you checked the car before driving off and had them note the spots. Hitting us for a scratch thats bearly visible but its there, which no place in the US would charge for but most places in Europe would, I fully understand

A great remedy is Turpentine!, it will remove the other vehicles paint and gets rid of most minor scratches, so good that even when they are looking right at the spot they dont see anything, at times on an angle and with the sun hitting it it will show, Of cause driving thru a dirt parking lot afterwards doesnt hurt any If theres a dent in the metal thats something else. The Exception to this will be Europa Car and Eldan where the checkers go over almost every single cm of the body and looking from numerous angles to boot before moving onto the next part of the car

fwiw, I prefer a car thats all banged up as they pay alot less attention to it when being returned, while a new car they check with a fine tooth comb