FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any way for AA to waive my award flights LAX MCT? I can make it!
Old Aug 5, 2019, 8:41 am
IADCAflyer

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by chuck1
AA has done a schedule change on my QF award.
The ticket was set up for queue review reissue meaning it had to be approved and then sent for exchange. This is normal for partner awards.
That was rejected due to the agent booking it slightly under the LAX minimum connect time.

This is for mid September so I don't think there will be another schedule change.

QF arrives LAX 6:25am.
I'm booked on an AA flight to DCA at 8:16am.

I guess you need 2 hours.

I won't have checked bags and I have Global Entry and Pre Check plus Clear. If QF is on time, I know I'll make it.

Any advice?

The current e-ticket segments are MEL-LAX (QF), LAX-JFK (QF), JFK-DCA (AA). The issue requiring the schedule change is AA dropped their PM service JFK-DCA and the new itinerary required an overnight in JFK - that's why the agenct booked LAX-DCA as an immediate connection and I was delighted with that until the people who review partner awards rejected the reissue.

I'm fully prepared for AA to remark record as customer accepts responsibility, no checked baggage accepted, etc.
When is your flight? If its during the summer season, you could take the LAX-IAD nonstop at 10:00 am.