FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reward flight calculator wrong: are Avios the price of a flight?
Old Aug 5, 2019, 6:10 am
Jase76

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Question Reward flight calculator wrong: are Avios the price of a flight?

I used BA's Reward flight calculator to check LHR - ARN in CE and was quoted 15,000 Avios + £0.50. When I went to book, the Avios jumped to 20,000 Avios plus £0.50. I know BA are making changes with their redemptions and I happened to be on the phone to the Gold Line at the time as a flight time change required me to cancel a booking, so I was looking at a one way Avios redemption. I was told to take a screen and send it to BA asking for 5,000 Avios to be credited. They declined this request on the basis that prices are subject to change until booked. I have two issues with this:
  1. The Reward flight calculator still shows 15,000 Avios, so there has not been any change in the "price"
  2. In the case of a 2-4-1 Amex Voucher, BA claim the Avios do not have a value, but are now claiming they are the "price" of a ticket
Having read the CEDR guidelines I'm not sure this falls within their remit. The Advertising Standards Authority is ambiguous if they would review a complaint.

Has anyone experienced this or have any thoughts?