View Single Post
Old Aug 5, 19, 5:52 am
needtoescape

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY D, MR G, CC S, IHG P
Thanks, all, for the enlightening discussion. To clarify, the price difference between the nonstop flight and the connecting flights I was considering between BHE and AKL is 70 NZD, and being on the nonstop saves me about 1.5 hours. This is a leisure trip, so I am trying to contain costs where it makes sense.

Altogether, I will be booking three or four domestic Air New Zealand flights, for travel in late February to early March: AKL-ZQN, ZQN-WLG, BHE-AKL and possibly WLG-BHE (debating flying v taking the ferry to Picton). I already lost the opportunity to book cheaper flights when I did not book domestic flights about 10 months in advance, just after I booked my international award ticket to New Zealand. I was planning to book "flextime" for my first flight upon arriving in New Zealand, to give me more flexibility in case of significant delays on my flights to NZ. But,I started thinking that for AKL-ZQN, maybe I should book "flexidate" instead.

Also, I was debating booking my three (or four) domestic NZ flights separately (as one ways) v booking them altogether as a domestic "multistop". It seems like booking each flight as a one way ticket may faciltate making changes in flexidate or flexitime fares. Is that correct? Are there any other advantages/disadvantages of booking separate one way tickets v multistop?