FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to Check if ROOM is Available for Upgrade When Checking In
Old Aug 4, 2019, 1:38 pm
kaizen7

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by Toukolou
​​​​

I don't understand the corporate apologists on this site. If the system is so convoluted as some of you suggest, then the onus ought to be on Marriott to make it clearer and not on me to blindly accept what I'm told. I've upheld my part of the deal in fulfilling the terms of my membership. I use my travel spend on Marriott properties. My fulfillment of the requirements for status are clear and qualifiable. The perks of this commitment ought to be equally transparent.
Agree with the bold part.

I believe Toukolou issue is : if the upgraded room was shown in the apps for booking for the entire stay during check in, the said room should be available for the elites as an upgrade.
Unfortunately its not what happen.

And I could say that its happen pretty often.

Honestly I can understand the frustration that comes out of this as Marriott themself promoting "upgrade to the best room available including select suite" feature on their Bonvoy promotional page.
And yet hotels sometimes seems failed to fulfill this .... either purely sold out (and not updating the online availability) or withholding the said room/suites for potential sales down the track.

Last edited by kaizen7; Aug 4, 2019 at 1:49 pm Reason: add more comments instead of post another post