FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Four Points in the world -- what are your favorites?
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:48 am
escape4

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Eastside
My favourite: The brand-new FP Auckland.^
If you don't mind, I will provide a different opinion about Auckland. Pullman Auckland is often cheaper than 4P, and they treat Accor Platinums well with suite upgrades, plus they have a lounge. If 4P is more expensive than a full service hotel which gives better elite perks, without having seen the 4P myself I think it disqualifies it from "best 4P in the world" although I acknowledge that the purpose of this thread is to encourage discussion without a very specific definition of what is "best" so two different opinions can be equally valid. 4P Auckland being a new property, yes I assume hardware it better but it's not like Pullman is falling apart.

Anyway, I have not been to many 4Ps so my opinion probably has limited value, but with that said my own vote would go to 4P Panoramahaus Dornbirn (Austria). Suite upgrade, new, modern, and clean, hardwood floors, good views, heck even free flow sparkling wine for breakfast! And I don't think there is a local hotel which is cheaper and offers more but I have probably not been there often enough to be definite about this.

There are some votes for 4P Dubai in this thread but I would note that while those properties might be nice in absolute terms, Dubai is a market where hotels are among the best in the world with awesome elite treatment, so in most circumstances I would rather book a full service hotel for a modest price premium in Dubai, not 4P. Yes you might get a great suite upgrade in 4P Dubai but odds are good that you will also get a great suite upgrade in many other hotels in Dubai.