FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Centurion Lounge LHR T3 (Opened 12 October 2021)
Old Aug 3, 2019, 8:25 pm
wesheltonj

Originally Posted by tooblue
Sadly, the Centurion Lounge has abandoned its original intent: an exclusive lounge for Centurion Card holders. The first lounge, I believe, opened at Las Vegas and was an exclusive oasis: offering top end drinks (I recall Johnnie Walker Blue Label being available for self-serve). The dining options were an array of dishes, freshly delivered, from the celebrity chefs of the city's finest hotels and restaurants. I am fortunate to have visited that lounge several times; before the doors were flung open to all and any Platinum Card holders. Now, the only advantage to a Centurion Card holder is complimentary champagne. Food has become a ubiquitous chicken melange of little merit. Priority Pass serves me better now. That said, most UK airline and third-party Lounges far surpass their US counterparts. I shall hope to find a recreation of that original Las Vegas Centurion Lounge arising in T3.

Well sort of. AMEX sent me six passes to use the lounge in Las Vegas. Several months later, wide open to all Platinum members and others could buy in at $50. And that's when they only had a Las Vegas lounge.

Not sure why AMEX would spend that kind of money, when lots of PP lounges and a terminal that is scheduled to be razed.