FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR strikes (HAL employees) - 23/24 Aug 2019 [called off for now]
Old Aug 3, 2019, 5:19 pm
NDG40

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by alexwuk
What are people's assumption to be any latitude for F pax in terms of carry on size? I travel with one IATA cabin standard sized roll-aboard as my only piece of luggage but checking it is going to be a real issue.
I am flying in F LHR to SFO Tuesday - called BA and was told (they had to go check first) that yes same restrictions apply. I asked whether there would be any type of compensation as I actually chose a380 specifically due to good space for my wheeled case and small bag and they said "that might be worth doing afterwards",

They would not let me rebook for any other day yet (though they did say that might change based on what's decided tomorrow) so it is quite annoying to see other airlines proactively allowing this.

I know it's only first world problems but going from 5 mins via First wing to lounge with hand luggage only so out of airport quickly other end to 1 to 3? hours checking in and going through security with a billion other stressed people and then waiting for 600 bags at the carousel the other end is annoying. Oh well.