FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Meal priority during shortages
View Single Post
Old Aug 3, 2019, 5:08 am
fotographer

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
So we get to YYZ. Door opens. SD chats with GA, asks about whether there's a concierge to meet the passengers who were missing a meal. GA says there are two.

SD then tells me explicitly that there's a concierge waiting for me.

I walk up, see one concierge with a vest, holding a sign with two names. I know what that's for, so I pass it. Then I get to the bottom of the escalators, and there's no concierge. I see some agents near the top, so I go up.

Turns out none of them were concierges.

I called the concierge line, explained the situation (namely that I was told by the SD/GA combo that there was a concierge waiting for us), was told they were completely unaware, and I ended up in the concierge office (I had time to kill while waiting for a ride). They want me to write in to the concierge email to explain all this, because on top of the fact that they don't think the SEs should have been denied a meal, they think there was a massive communication failure. I agree, but they're focusing more on me being told someone would be waiting. I think the communication failure was not telling anyone at check-in that there wouldn't be a meal, giving them enough time to find one. They also gave me a $20 CAD meal voucher.

I'll probably do that during my flight tomorrow. I hope I get a meal (or at least a snack) on it.

But I still have no idea what the official policy is when this situation occurs.
sorry to say, but the policy is what ever the airlines decides it wants it to be..
just on a side note, I have never relied on being feed on an airline to satisfy my hunger.. best to board a plane , tummy full and happy