FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to Check if ROOM is Available for Upgrade When Checking In
Old Aug 2, 2019, 8:35 am
EdofFX

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott nobody
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Any Gold who is complaining doesn't know how the program works.
As a Marriott Gold, I agree with that the general idea that Marriott Gold should not expect anything. No breakfast, no guaranteed late check out, no nothing but may be a smile That has been my experience since the Marriott /SPG merger. But this only apply to a Gold in the Marriott program, a Gold in the Hilton program gets you more benefits.

My last stay at a Courtyard, I was given a small bag which contains four candies as a welcome amenity. Four whole candies! My last stay at a Sheraton, I was upgraded to a regular room on the club floor, but without access to the club that is near my room. That is only for Plat and above.

My last stay at a Hilton as a Gold, I was given a full buffet breakfast and upgraded to a junior corner suite on a high floor. The suite was automatically assigned to me when I did OLCI at 2 pm. Granted, I would not expect a suite upgrade for my next stay, but breakfast is certain.