FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Las Alcobas, St Helena (Napa Valley), CA [Left Marriott]
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:50 pm
Duke787
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bhrubin

We are booked for an award stay for May 2020 for a winery event, so I can’t recommend rooms. But I chose the bigger room and applied SNAs.

You also can consider the Westin Verasa if you don’t mind the longer drive to the wedding. It’s a nice Westin. But only you can ascertain whether it’s worth the extra points for the Las Alcobas. For us, it’s a no brainer. (We had dinner at its Acacia House and really enjoyed the bar scene and restaurant F&B while staying nearby in May 2019.)
Originally Posted by blitzkriegs

The Westin is a run of the mill Westin. Nothing special and is pretty similar to an airport Westin. If your wedding is in St. Helena, you are adding 30/45+ mins of travel depending on the day. If it’s a Saturday...good Luck! This is not a place to play the cheaper points game - if you can Alcobas, then go for it.
Point taken -- I'm sold. Sitting on large pile of Marriott is a fool's game -- and I always tell my wife that all my travel ultimately benefits her when we travel and get to have flights / hotels / upgrades so here is a prime opportunity to put my money (err Marriott points) where my mouth is.

Now the question is just whether to book the "Estate View" room or the "Superior Room" -- on the face of things the Estate Room costs more money if paying cash but don't see anything about the superior room in this thread so not sure if that room is better or worse