FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Las Alcobas, St Helena (Napa Valley), CA [Left Marriott]
Old Aug 1, 2019, 7:40 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Duke787
Just got invited to a wedding next summer in St Helena. This looks like the best option. Cash rate is high but am sitting on a big pile of Marriott points and they do no good just sitting there.

Two questions:

1) Worth the extra points for this over staying in Napa/Sonoma at the Marriott/Westin/Renaissance? Obviously shorter drive but over the 2 night weekend comes out at an extra 50k Marriott points

2) If proceeding Las Alcobas, I'm being offered either base estate view room or superior room. Assuming peak summer I get no upgrade as a Titanium, which room is the better choice?
We are booked for an award stay for May 2020 for a winery event, so I can’t recommend rooms. But I chose the bigger room and applied SNAs.

You also can consider the Westin Verasa if you don’t mind the longer drive to the wedding. It’s a nice Westin. But only you can ascertain whether it’s worth the extra points for the Las Alcobas. For us, it’s a no brainer. (We had dinner at its Acacia House and really enjoyed the bar scene and restaurant F&B while staying nearby in May 2019.)