FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - some luxury hotels in Scotland
View Single Post
Old Aug 1, 2019, 7:36 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Nicoolio
We enjoyed Hotel du Vin. High ceilings with large windows - beautiful four-poster bed - lots of space - a nice restaurant but as I recall about 15 minutes by taxi from the center. They have quite a few different room types.

Some small issues with service. You had to keep a look out for your own taxis, which when it's pouring means walking up and down the block. The hotel is a series of connected houses so for taxis or car service it's not apparent which of about four or five front doors is the entrance from the hotel - and this stretches a full block i believe.

That said, I would stay again, although i would also look at other options.
As much as I wanted to consider a more authentic hotel, after 2 weeks without air con I wasn’t sure that was the best choice for us in the city. We booked the Dakota instead—and that has air con confirmed to suit my needs.

in the ulikely event that the Cameron House renovation is finished by April (preferably with air con), we might consider switching. The Loch views and cooler surroundings (and proximity to the GLA airport) might convince us.