FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everything you want to know about 737-900 (739)
Old Aug 1, 2019, 7:15 pm
findark
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by chacoun
Flying the 737-900 FLL - SFO tomorrow on UA922. Currently in 7D. When I look at the flight status, 7E looks to be occupied. But when I try to change my seat, I am able to select it no problem. Any idea what's happening here? What're the chances that the seat will be unoccupied tomorrow?
7DE are blocked until check-in and can only be selected via United channels at check-in (they appear blocked still to the GDS). The odds of 7E being occupied are roughly equivalent to the odds if it were a normal unoccupied E+ seat.

Originally Posted by phkc070408
Without looking through 46 pages, we're currently in 3EF SFO-LAX, but 1EF is still available. I like the idea of not being reclined into, but how is the legroom in 1EF? I'm 6'2" tall. Note that we did 2EF EWR-ORD before and I don't remember it being too bad, so I'm expecting 3EF to be the same.
Bulkheads are a personal decision. Distance from knees to the wall is markedly greater in Row 1 than knees to next seat in another row. However, the room at foot-level is significantly reduced if you are accustomed to placing your feet under the next seat, especially if you are accustomed to stretching out and placing your feet on the mounting bar of the next row. Personally I choose a non-bulkhead if it's available, but would take Row 1 over Row 5 and find it just fine.

If you're curious, I think SFO-LAX is a nice short flight to check it out.