FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tight Connection in HKG - Denied Boarding Because Bags Misconnect
Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:31 am
OhioExile

Programs: United Platinum, AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
You're subject to offloading at T-30. Anyone who travels frequently should know this. That said, with empty J seats, sounds like the GAs were unnecessarily overaggressive.

I will add that with CX at HKG I've gotten used to showing up at the gate around 15 minutes prior to departure. They would never offload a J pax in this situation. It's a completely different attitude from UA.
The difference between the UA and CX staff at HKG in this instance is stark; UA didn't put her in a seat they had available and with plenty of time to board; CX upgraded her to J even though they didn't need to.

Originally Posted by PTahCha
But she gets to fly Cathay in J *and* earning UA miles on ORC, I say it's a win-win.
Hah - yes, for us FTers, it'd definitely be a win. I am having to walk her through all the bonus benefits (ORC) she's getting because of the re-route. She's also stuck in DL economy transcon to her final destination, since she her upgrade on her domestic flight had not yet cleared, so not perfect, but c'est la vie.