FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best T3 OneWorld Lounge
View Single Post
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:55 am
lost_in_translation

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
As I’ve said before all lounges have their positives and negatives.

Until March of this year i has a Gold T3 Virgin and wondered how good the CX F Lounge was. Now having been to all lounges 6 times since apart from QF I have found the CX F to be variable. Ironically my best experience was on the GIB do and whilst I got there at 6am before it got busy, the service including drinks service was on point.

My last visit there were 3 people in the dining room and whilst my pancakes arrived relatively quickly the table next to me asked for an extra slice of toAst and this took 20 mins to arrive. The time before that i had to ask for my drinks 3 times.

On contrast on 5 visits to the AA F lounge I’ve had the same server each time. I’m now welcomed like a friend, asked if I want the same order though he does have to clarify how I like my bloody Mary’s but this is a you like it this way don’t you rather than how do you like it, The AA smashed Avacado is great and the server always brings me a couple of bottles of water when I go.

Also the BA F Dining Room has pretty good views and I’m very partial to the Jeepers Rose.
The CX F dining area service declines noticeably when it's very busy, in particular around the times of CX flight departures. I greatly enjoy my visits before BA short haul flights, but ironically the experience is not so great if you're actually flying CX F and try to order food in the lounge an hour or two before the flight. Having said that, it's still easily my favourite lounge in T3 (although it's been a couple of years since I've been in the VS Clubhouse).