FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:44 am
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by jrl767
35. (1983) You’re in Rapid City, South Dakota and have just received a call from the home office that your services are required in Little Rock, Arkansas the day after tomorrow. A quick check of the schedules indicates it can be done, albeit via a 3-stop direct flight tomorrow morning. After getting over your shock that there’s actually a direct flight between these two disparate destinations, you call the travel office and arrange to book a seat on that flight. Name the airline, aircraft type and the three enroute stops please.

I will open the bidding with a Frontier Airlines 737 stopping at Casper (CPR), Denver (DEN), and Memphis (MEM)

I'm with you on this one, J - my first thought would've been Frontier as well. But NO! We're looking for a different airline operating a different type of equipment. However, you are indeed correct on the first two legs of the itinerary. We're looking at RAP-CPR-DEN-____-LIT. Please finish this one off!

56. (1982) You’ve just won big on the craps tables at Las Vegas! You’d love to ride your winning streak a bit longer but duty calls in the form of your job at Amalgamated Anti-Matter, Inc. located just outside Des Moines, Iowa. You need to be back in time for your noon shift tomorrow. Based upon past experience, you feel it’s a bit risky to take a connecting flight so you’re thrilled to discover that the LAS-DSM market is served by a single direct 2-stop flight each day. Unfortunately you won’t be able to splurge some of your newfound wealth as the airline doesn’t offer First Class but at least it arrives Des Moines in time for you to easily make it to work on time. Identify the airline, the two enroute stops and the aircraft type you’ll be flying upon.

My first thought was the America West “Midnight Specials” that left LAS in the wee hours; eastbound would have first gone to Phoenix and thence most likely Omaha ... but the absence of F ruled out HP. Therefore I am guessing this flight was actually a Braniff 727 operating via Dallas (DFW) and Kansas City (MCI)

Dang! You are good! I was hoping this one might prove to be a bit more difficult but I underestimated the sheer volume of data stored away in your hippocampus. Braniff is correct! Here's the schedule...

Braniff International BN 334 Las Vegas (LAS) 140a-600a Dallas (DFW) 640a-758a B Kansas City (MCI) 825a-903a Des Moines (DSM) 727-200 X7