FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott.com website : bugs, glitches and outages
Old Aug 1, 2019, 8:08 am
SHLTP

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
My wife never understood why I've been so frustrated with Marriott IT. "You're throwing 10+ years of SPG loyalty away & now chasing Hyatt status!" She's never understood my hobby in the first place. "Just book what you want," She always said & didn't care too much about the savings.

But today we tried to book a Marriott in showing up in my app. I was driving, so she tried to do it. It didn't work. No availability for any date in next two months, paid or points. She then tried to find a phone # of the hotel. Couldn't find it on the app. After about 7 minutes she said screw it and let's book the Sheraton 4 points in same city. Another 5 minutes, couldn't book and couldn't find phone #.

She then tried using a browser. This time she found the phone # for the Marriott & 4 points except curiously they had the same phone #. We called. Said phone number not working.

We ended up booking via Expedia another chain.

Oh yes, we found on the Chinese language Marriott site that the Marriott and 4P are set to open after when we wanted to go.

But nowhere on the English Marriott app did it say these hotels were not yet open or bookable. It was just not bookable which, for me, was the norm when I tried to book any date from mid June to mid August for all properties in Bangkok.

So now we are supposed to get what's not opened, what's a technical glitch and what's actually fully booked.

Now my wife knows why I'm mad. We wasted 20 mins. Oh yeah, we heading to a Hyatt next week