FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nish Palas Istanbul: The Unbound Collection
Old Aug 1, 2019, 6:32 am
aehlert73

Hi at all,

first of all, sorry for my bad english, i hope this will be understandable: After reading of this description i have registered me to also share my experience with Nish Palas in Istanbul:

Unfortunately, we had to make some very bad experiences in this hotel: one of our rooms had a broken, not completely closable window. The air conditioning was bad to regulate: either completely cold or too hot. The teapot in the other room was not cleaned and still full of the tea and on the bed we found hair. On the high price very poor breakfast (worst breakfast i have seen in a Hyatt) we had to pay for service additionally (the service was also bad, there was young boy with sport shoes doing the service who did not know which kind of tee "english breakfast" is, even after explaining he brough me "Earl Grey" first and then turkish tea, so i gave up). But the worst of all (I have already read this in other reviews ): We were virtually "thrown" from the room as the checkout time approached. Despite the confirmed late checkout we were initially harassed with telephone terror, that we should rather leave the room and then the cleaning ladies were already before the regular checkout time at the door.
So might be it depends on the status you have how they treat you as guest (i am not a Globalist). Usually for the first topics i would just say "you had no luck", but the last topic "thrown out of the room" is absolute nogo in my point of view. And it seems this was not the first time since i have read at least two other reviews about the hotel where it was done this way..

Last edited by aehlert73; Aug 1, 2019 at 6:46 am