FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Visconti Rome, Italy, [Master Thread]
Old Jul 31, 2019, 10:39 am
HRSPGPutnik

Originally Posted by omghaxcode
I don't have a specific trip report but I can answer any questions you may have. Our 4 night stay ended today. It was walking distance to the Vatican and a €12 trip to the forum and other Roman ruins or a 45m walk. Extremely quiet area other than the international headline news of the murder.

The hotel itself was alright. Not fancy with no lounge or anything. I am titanium and received no upgrade but I didn't push for one either. The room was small compared to Asia and the US but standard for western Europe. The AC wasn't terrible or anything. Our room was always at 74F no matter what we set it at so a bit warm but not gross. Cools down at night. Breakfast was packed 2 mornings from 2 very large American tour busses which also filled the entire lobby but it was quiet the other nights so possibly just bad luck there. Breakfast was decent but not special. Basically this is a decent and RELATIVELY cheap Marriott property in Rome. I'm sure there are better places but not at this price.
I had the very same experience two years ago. Excellent location for the price and decent service.