FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Jerusalem luxury hotels with pool
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2019, 3:39 pm
Pickles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by Fly_IAD
The last time I stayed at the King David was probably a decade ago and I can appreciate the history and uniqueness but the pool area was as I expected totally overrun and felt more like my local Boys and Girls club (including the yucky plastic chairs). I have visted the WA for events since it opened and think it probably has the best room products but without a pool I wouldnt consider staying there.

My sense is the only luxury like pool options (maybe limited to design alone vs service and calm) are at the David Citadel or the Isrotel Orient Hotel? I am also looking at the Inbal but am concerned that pool area looks like the King David Boys and Girls Club type set up?
I love the pool at the King David, and the times I've been there it has been not too busy, but I can see why it could be crowded and annoying. If you found the pool at the KD wanting, forget the Inbal, it's almost as bad the old Shulamit Gardens Hotel in Eilat. What drives me nuts about pools in Israel is this fixation with opening late and closing early. People, it's 40 degrees outside 6 months out of the year!