FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Toronto Center (Master Thread)
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:43 pm
serpens

I'll start with a heavily edited post by CMK10.
Originally Posted by CMK10

Check In: A very mixed bag.

Room: Pretty bad.

Other: I like the location of the hotel but after the treatment I experienced I'd have second thoughts about coming back.
This was my first ever stay in an Intercontinental Hotel, and it did nothing to make me want to stay in another.

I made a reservation for a club-access room over the phone, because the web site required a CVV but provided no field in which to enter it. The agent botched some details of the reservation, but I was able to edit it on-line.

A month later, when a lower rate became available, I changed the reservation. At check-in, the hotel had no record of the lower-rate reservation. When I produced the confirmatory email, the desk clerk changed it. (That was the second desk clerk, who was far better than the aloof so-and-so who just barely deigned to perform the check-in.)

The room had a scale, something I don't believe I had ever seen in a hotel room before. Unfortunately, it didn't work. There was one of those fancy illuminated mirrors, where the user could turn on a circumferential light. The light turned on, but not off. (Well, it did turn off when I unplugged it.) The "premium access" internet that came with the club-access room was marginal as standard access. The lamp on the desk had its switch in-line on the cord, and positioned just under the back of the desk, where it wasn't visible until viewed from almost directly above or below. The lounge attendants were busy chatting amongst themselves and left the "lounge closed" sign in the entryway for ten minutes after the opening time. (At that point, I asked if we could enter; I don't know how long it would have taken them to move the sign if left to their own volition.) And the Welcome Amenity points did not post.

I stayed here because of the location, but I'll probably be at the Hilton (about 800 m north) on future visits to Toronto.