FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Steppe, Beaches and Rainforest: Mongolia and East Africa
Old Jul 30, 2019, 11:08 am
swingaling

Programs: AA EXP
Grand Hyatt Incheon

Grand Hyatt Incheon
East Wing (Old Building)

I made it to ICN without too much hassle and was landside within a few minutes. I picked up my SIM card and went out to grab a taxi to the hotel. Though only 1km from the airport, I wasn't sure of the exact directions and I just wanted to go to bed. Not to mention it was hot and humid even at 2am. After some waiting, a taxi willing to take me showed up. The trip took under a minute and cost 5,000 KRW.

I checked in after a bit of hassle at the front desk (computers were rebooting or something), but eventually I was allowed to get my room. I promptly fell asleep for around 8 hours and got up around 10AM.

Grand Hyatt Incheon - East Wing

Skipping ahead. At the end of the day, I was feeling pretty hot and sweaty, so last minute I decided to book a room at the Hyatt again for a few hours (using points). This wasn't my original plan, but the heat and humidity in Seoul was pretty bad. So I ended up in a different room this time in the West Wing, which is the new building. The room was definitely nicer and I had pretty good views of the T1 apron.

Grand Hyatt Incheon - West Wing

Overall, I was happy with the Hyatt. It was quite convenient for accessing the airport, though it would be nice if the Maglev and hotel shuttle operated an expanded schedule.