FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Washington DC Attorney General sues Marriott over "deceptive resort fees"
Old Jul 30, 2019, 8:56 am
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hotelboy
The official hotel websites do not hide them. You again are using a booking tool other than that. It clearly shows on Marriott's website.
That's *only* your first presentation of rates if you search, precisely, for "New York Marriott East Side".

If you search for "New York", "NYC", "LGA", or anything else New-York-ish, you are shown a list of hotels and rates that do *not* include the resort fee. The resort fee is hidden.

But of course you know this, and you know that this is the entire purpose of these fraudulent fees.

Welcome to the thread.

EDIT: I stand corrected. I can't get the Marriott site to show me the resort fee screen first even when I type in "New York Marriott East Side". It still shows me a rate that does not exist. Perhaps a newer website behavior, because it used to skip the screen with many properties (and bogus fees purposely hidden) if you typed in an entire property name.