FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR/LGW pilots (BALPA) industrial action 9 Sep, 10 Sep, and 27 Sep
Old Jul 30, 2019, 8:55 am
TWCLAM

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Originally Posted by Wendyp247
Thanks, I know nothing can be done until a strike is actually announced. I have back to back cruises (2)scheduled. If I can't get reschedule, I don't think the ship will wait for me.
Working from a point of not knowing your insurance provision or cruise line policy etc there is some reassurance that most cruise lines will agree to honour a cabin and allow you to intercept the ship at X port if you have communicated to them in advance a valid reason for this. I've been on a ship where pax who had medical issues whilst on land were then moved to the next port and, still missing departure, where ferried aboard via the pilot vessel. There are of course a myriad of "what's & if's" but in an effort to reassure you I think some good, well detailed, communication with the initial cruise company should garner a positive response from them to get you onboard at some point albeit on the understanding that them doing so means you accept any loss of time onboard without liability to them( for which your insurance then kicks in). Let's hope it doesn't become an issue but i'd hope there's a way to mitigate if so.