FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 29, 2019, 11:27 pm
VIT-B

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold...
Originally Posted by sch_flyer
Any recent stays? Can anyone weigh in on conflicting reports of parking charges at this property? Have an upcoming full points stay as a Globalist - should I expect valet parking to be comped?
I've stayed at the Vancouver Hyatt Regency many times as a Diamond and now Globalist. As a guest you have two options of Parking payment. I should note that the garage connected to the Hyatt Regency is a "public" garage. To enter the garage you need to accept the parking ticket. Upon check-in you have the option to either pay at the public garage rate or the Hyatt rate which is billed to your room. The rates will vary according to night/day or weekday/weekend. The front desk will go through the various rates to allow you to choose the cheapest rate. I have not tried to Valet (which uses the same garage), but I have received free parking on point stays. For this, I chose the Hyatt parking rate and I made sure to remind the front desk of the points stay and my Globalist status. Basically they can only comp the parking if you choose the Hyatt rate... because the garage is a public garage.

In the end, don't by shy to escalate to the GM. Hope this helps!