FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Personal experience flying a pet in cargo?
Old Jul 29, 2019, 5:21 pm
Carl Johnson

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by deniah
I've searched the forums but the threads are outdated, are about in-cabin transport, or very airline/incident-specific.

Just wondering what your experiences are flying your furry pets in the cargo?

I've talked to some acquaintances, who said anything from their pet being so traumatized from the experience (that they would never do it again), to those who have literally lost their pet in the process (as in mislocated!!!).

At north of 10kg, our pet is too heavy for in-cabin conveyance by any known carrier. Taking the train (&ferry!!!) would be a multi-stop, multi-day affair. Driving would be the same, made worse with added risk of accident for such a long trek.
I used Animal Land Pet Movers for a transatlantic move. Door to door, smooth as silk. There was a lot of paperwork to do, including a vet certification, and they guided me every step of the way. You should get a price quote from them or another shipper, or multiple shippers. I don't know what the price is going to be for a domestic move but it's going to be a lot cheaper than my international move, and if the price is right it'll take a load off your mind.