FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - General SQ Questions 2009-2021
View Single Post
Old Jul 29, 2019, 12:56 am
Unionruler

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by kaffir76
I guess this is a general question re: SQ as the blogs like Milelion & MainlyMiles both focus heavily on SQ flights, routes & fleet.

Apologies if it's O/T but there's no thread to discuss local travel blogs as yet ..

Anyway I find ML to be in a poor state ever since he quit his job as a mgt. consultant & stopped the RTW trips which were actually a great read back in 2016/17
After a short lived stint at another miles blog, he's now hawking credit card signups instead of doing what he does best - flying RTW & writing trip reports
His TR's are few & far between, the latest being the CX F mistake fares (it's such a tedious & convoluted thread on the CX board - I'm kinda glad I didn't book it) ...

Haven't visited the site regularly for a while, preferring to check MM for more informative & original content but less frequent - more importantly w/o the cc signup links & promotions ...
I firmly believe that a travel blogger should be doing more travel & writing more trip reports instead of mainly pushing cc signup's

But I guess without his ex-company paying for those RTW trips, there's not much content to write about ...

And no, I'm not interested in your "SQ KF advanced workshops" either ... thanks but no thanks!

Are there other blogs that focus on SQ like the above? What local blogs do you read?
There is a SQtalk forum.

I for one don't see any need for SIN/SQ-based blogs. SQ is flown lots by bloggers all over the world so there are abundant trip reports. But yes if it's entertainment value you're looking for, perhaps there is a market for more blogs.

The discipline of KF redemptions can be studied to no end because KF has many restrictions, and then you try to skirt them, but there are many experts lurking here who are better than Milelion, and I hope those secrets will never see the light of day. If you think about it, even A3 redemptions and AS redemptions are studied intensely as disciplines when they usually only allow 1 stopover/transfer (other than tagging on additional AS segments), so KF is a deep discipline.