FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Jul 28, 2019, 8:36 pm
rdlmitedu

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
It's possible that it's policy at this hotel to not provide Ambassador service if you're doing a point redemption (this was originally going to be a vacation trip for me, but turned into a work trip; I was trying to burn points since I do 200+ paid nights a year through work and thus don't have much chance to use points). My welcome note mentions "point redemption" and not "ambassador", so it's possible this was intentional or unintentional. IIRC they said "ambassador" at check-in, but it was very late and I don't remember. (I realize this is a bad-point-redemption-value hotel.)

My ambassador did make a request (a bottle of sparkling water in the room), which they did provide, which sort of implies they recognized I was ambassador tier guest.

In any case, there are 10 other good Marriott properties and 5+ other non-Marriott properties which I prefer in the city. I don't have any particular need to stay at this one hotel which no longer lives up to my recollections of what it was in the past, and I'm checking out tomorrow. I'm certainly not stopping anyone else from staying here (and I'd prefer if all ambassadors stayed here to clear out upgrade inventory elsewhere)