FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - General SQ Questions 2009-2021
View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2019, 2:44 pm
kaffir76

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Unsub
I'm running out of time to requalify to KF Gold with ~13k Elite miles short. I do have loads (+100k) of KF Miles - is there anything I can do with them to offset the missing Elite miles?
Is there any other way as I don't have time to fly SQ before the end of my tracking period?
If you have SQ flights booked after the membership year, email SQ KF with the flight details to get up to 3 mth extension

Thank you for your email of 18 May 2019 to Singapore Airlines regarding Elite Silver qualification extension.
We appreciate the value that you have placed on our Elite Silver membership.
We note that you would like to seek for further extension for your qualification period to accrue the remaining shortfall.
We would appreciate it if you could provide us with your upcoming ticketed booking for further review.

Originally Posted by w4rd
You cannot use your existing balance, but if you think you might collect the missing elite miles with a star alliance flight shortly after your membership year you should phone up and ask for an extension.
1 to 3 months is often possible.
+1

1 month is granted upon 1st email -

Thank you for your email of 18 May 2019 to Singapore Airlines regarding Elite Silver qualification.
Our records show that you would require -- Elite miles by 31 May 2019 to qualify as an Elite Silver member.
As a gesture of goodwill, we are pleased to inform you that we will be able to offer you one month extension of your Elite Silver qualification period till 30 June 2019 for you to accrue the shortfall of -- Elite miles to qualify as an Elite Silver member.
We would appreciate it if you could acknowledge on the above arrangement for us to proceed with the extension.