FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Woman mistakes Preferred seat UG for biz class UG then is removed from AC flight
Old Jul 27, 2019, 4:35 pm
mapleg

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
No it is not, but as the well written explanation above explained, these types of misunderstandings can and do occur. We do not have a factual third party account of the events that led up to the confrontation, but I again emphasize that the manner in which we talk with First Nations people can directly influence the outcome. I suppose this is one of those things one has to experience first hand. To put it in a non First Nation's perspective, it's similar to the way elderly or the disabled can be treated; in a condescending manner where they are spoken to as incompetent children. bereft of cognitive ability. It should not come as a surprise to anyone, that based upon our national history, why these people can be sensitive. Sorry to say, but AC personnel have a history of being disrespectful and we have seen it play out so many times before, especially with those who are perceived as being in the lower end of the power spectrum.
When you grab a beaver by the tail. don't be surprised to get bitten.

As an aside, AC needs to get a hold of this thing before it grows legs.
Let's not paint first Nations people as helpless who need continuous handling with special gloves. That, to me, is treating them in a condescending manner. The lady in question does not seem bereft of skills when it comes to social media.