FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANA award change policy
View Single Post
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:14 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by blitzen
Hi,

Think i got it but sometimes I think that when it is not the case.
1) want to book JFK - Tokyo and Osaka - Tokyo - JFK in ANA First
2) Once the Outwards Leg opens I could book a RTW with a return a day later (note the return leg must be open too)
3) Once the Inwards leg opens up at 355 I can change that online for no extra charge
4) in this case HND/NRT or ATM/KIX are considered the same airport aka no change in routing
5) if I book today 4/10/2019 then the latest return trip would be 4/9/2020 (ticket expiration 1 yr after being issued)?
6) as it can be very advantageous to snatch the rewards up as they appear I was wondering if the legs can be switched i.e Original NYC to Tokyo 3/30 so there is no return flight available yet can I book Tokyo > New York 3/10 (or any other date that is available) and New York - Tokyo 3/30 and then change the Tokyo > New York leg to 4/15 so making the outwards and inwards and vice versa (hope I explained that well enough to be understood .... as an excuse english isn't my first language )
Thanks! Getting ready to pull the trigger
I'm also curious if that #6 above would work -- i.e., swap the origin/destination after booking in order to book the intended first segment as early as possible (meaning that is the return segment when first booked). Thanks.